The One Ring
|The One Ring|
|4th Saturday of the Month|
|Third Age, 2946|
|Third Age, Summer 2950|
Theodwin of Woodland Hall
- 1 The Fellowship
- 2 Retired
- 3 Elf-Tower Inn
- 4 The Company
- 5 Important Characters you have met
- 6 Memorable characters you have met
- 7 Locations
- 8 The Story So Far
- 8.1 Chapter 1, The Fellowship Forms
- 8.2 Chapter 2, A Time for Celebration
- 8.3 Chapter 3, The Journey Begins
- 8.4 Chapter 4, Of Leaves & Stewed Hobbit
- 8.5 Chapter 5, Those Who Tarry no Longer
- 8.6 Chapter 6, A Message from Rivendell
- 8.7 Chapter 7, The Chase
- 8.8 Chapter 8, Darkness in the Marshes
- 8.9 Chapter 9, The Elven Tower
- 8.10 Chapter 10, Ambassadors
- 8.11 Chapter 11, The Ring of Power
- 8.12 Chapter 12, A Princess in Need
- 8.13 Chapter 13, A Wedding Uninterrupted
- 8.14 Chapter 14, Dwarves in the woods
- 8.15 Chapter 15, A Royal Escort
- 8.16 Chapter 16, The Dol Guldur Betrayal
- 8.17 Chapter 17, A Princess Goes Home
- 8.18 Chapter 18, The Dunland Witch Trial
- 8.19 Chapter 19, By the wight of the moon
- 8.20 Chapter 20, Battle of 5 Armies, redux?
- 9 Rules Clarifications
- 10 Travel
- Dindraug, played by Adam
- Lissiriel, played by Lisa
- Ulrik Foehammer, played by Tim
- Adonniel, played by Karen
- Theodwin of Woodland Hall, played by Mark
- Aegir Wüdsworth, played by Ben
- Brand, played by Jason
- Bilbanes Broadfoot, played by Matt
Rating: 6 (Superior Inn)
|Guide (Travel)||Ulrik Foehammer, Bilbanes Broadfoot|
|Scout (Explore)||Theodwin, Aegir Wüdsworth|
|Huntsman (Hunt)||Dindraug, Brand|
|Look-out Man (Awareness)||Lissiriel, Adonniel|
Important Characters you have met
- Gandalf the Grey (Olórin, Mithrandir)
- Radagast the Brown (Aiwendil)
Memorable characters you have met
- Della the Baker
- Sinna, Accused witch
The Story So Far
Chapter 1, The Fellowship Forms
- Section 1 - A Dwarf in Need
- Section 2 = The Fellowship moves south
- Section 3 = The Battle is joined
Chapter 2, A Time for Celebration
There were 5 possible adventures at the Gathering of Five Armies celebration, you did 2 of them:
- Adventure 1 - Poisoned!
- Adventure 2 - To catch a thief.
- Misc. - Rumors
Chapter 3, The Journey Begins
- Section 1 - Don't Leave The Path
- Section 4 - A Hermit no More
Chapter 4, Of Leaves & Stewed Hobbit
- Section 1 - The Easterly Inn
- Misc. - Easterly Inn History
Chapter 5, Those Who Tarry no Longer
Chapter 6, A Message from Rivendell
Chapter 7, The Chase
Chapter 8, Darkness in the Marshes
Chapter 9, The Elven Tower
- Section 1 - A wizard's request
- Section 2 - Not before your chores!
- Section 3 - Who needs the front door!
- Section 4 - A tower won
- Section 5 - A plot uncovered
Chapter 10, Ambassadors
- Section 1 - Be on your best behavior
- Section 2 - The Toft
- Section 3 - Introductions
- Section 4 - Shopping leads to hiring
- Section 5 - If you cannot beat them, negotiate
Chapter 11, The Ring of Power
- Section 1 - A Lord's request
- Section 2 - Hobbits by any other name
- Section 3 - Dimrill Watch
- Section 4 - Ghosts guard that which is theirs
- Section 5 - Decisions
Chapter 12, A Princess in Need
- Section 1 - A Chance Meeting
- Section 2 - Friends, even in Mirkwood
- Section 3 - Orc Encampment
- Section 4 - Riddles will lead the way
- Section 5 - The Rescue
Chapter 13, A Wedding Uninterrupted
- Section 1 - Dale, Jewel of the East
- Section 2 - A royal departure
- Section 3 - Plots most foul
- Section 4 - Wedding Day
- Section 5 - Mastermind escapes
Chapter 14, Dwarves in the woods
- Section 1 - A hunting invitation
- Section 2 - The Whit Stag
- Section 3 - What! Dwarves here!?
- Section 4 - An elf rescued
- Section 5 - A mind changed
Chapter 15, A Royal Escort
Chapter 16, The Dol Guldur Betrayal
Chapter 17, A Princess Goes Home
- Section 1 - An invitation you cannot refuse
- Section 2 - A leisurely walk amongst the golden leaves
- Section 3 - Rohan
- Section 4 - A princess targeted
- Section 5 - A royal farewell
Chapter 18, The Dunland Witch Trial
Chapter 19, By the wight of the moon
Chapter 20, Battle of 5 Armies, redux?
- Section 1 - Games, Fun, Drink and Poison?
- Section 2 - We have come full circle
- Section 3 - Seven Rangers (七人のレンジャーズ)
When an archer rolls an EYE, they should then roll a d6: on a result of 1-3, the archer has just one last arrow in his quiver. Being “low on ammo” makes for dramatic choices. When an archer fumbles his shot (i.e., rolls an EYE and fails the attack roll), he has emptied his quiver and is out of arrows! Being “out of ammo” makes for very dramatic choices.
Concerning Blighted Places - a Clarification
The rules found at page 57 of the Loremaster’s Book detail what happens when a company of adventurers enters an area qualifying as a blighted place. From the way the rules have been presented in that chapter, it seems that players are required to make Corruption tests every time they cross areas rated as Wild lands, Shadow lands and Dark lands, making for a rather unforgiving rule.
The original intent of the rule was that it is always left to the discretion of the Loremaster to determine whether a place must be considered blighted or not. The Blighted Lands table must be used when the Loremaster has decided that an area is indeed blighted, to determine the frequency of the required Corruption tests.
For example, the text for the Marsh-bell adventure applies the rule as intended, when at page 130, under the Entering Mirkwood paragraph, the bulleted text states that “The part of the Long Marshes that is inside Mirkwood qualifies as a blighted place.”
Under this interpretation, it is entirely possible for an area found within a region classified as Wild, Shadow or even Dark not to require any Corruption test to traverse. As far as the accumulation of Shadow is concerned, the various region types as classified in the Loremaster map serve as guidelines for the Loremaster to decide whether the region currently traversed by company is blighted or not, with Free lands being rarely blighted, and Dark lands being mostly so.
The Cultural Blessing of the Elves of Mirkwood should be:
FOLK OF THE DUSK: When an Elf of Mirkwood is inside a forest or under the earth, or it is night, his Attribute bonuses are based on his favoured rating in all rolls involving the use of a Common skill.
Small-sized Heroes: The list of weapons available to Dwarf characters (AB, p.76) should include Sword.
Woodmen (Fairy heritage) erroneously has Search as a Favoured skill: it should be Awareness instead.
Page 75, Spider-poison.
The sentence, “... is paralysed and falls to the ground after a number of rounds equal to his Body or Heart rating ...”, should be read as, “... falls to the ground paralysed after a number of rounds equal to his Body or Heart rating ...”.
A paralysed character is considered to beunconscious, or otherwise defenceless