Lynn (Lynne) Horton
Lynn and her company are a small mercenary outfit who, when not gainfully employed, are loosely based in Wales around the city of Pool. They have a reputation for honesty and discipline and are often employed to guard merchants or break up ruffian gangs. They have worked with Magi before and seen more than their share of strange things.
Lynne's father was an older English mercenary captain who, as history and mortality weighed on him, strongly desired a son to raise, train and carry on his legacy. Lynne's mother was a caring but cunning welsh village woman who loved him deeply. The couple would only have one child to survive infancy. Thus it was when Lynne was born her mother introduced her as the boy Lynn, the son they had always wanted. When her father was home, he taught her everything he knew about leadership and warfare. When he was gone, her mother taught her what womanhood and how to hide it. The young Lynn grew up becoming skilled at both.
Lynn joined her father on the battlefield when she turned sixteen. They traveled across Brittan and France fighting side-by-side until his death in 1218. Her natural talent for holding the small band together even under the terrors of a cavalry charge saw her nominated into the leadership of the company without challenge. She’s subsequently lead the troop across the British isles from victory to well-paying victory.
|Birth Name:||Lynne of Horton|
|Place of Origin:||Pool|
|Birthday/Age:||March 28, 1195 / 32|
|Known Specialties:||Combat Leadership|
Virtues and Flaws
Mercentary Captain (Minor)
|Great Weapon||Welsh Glaive||4||50|
Language & Lore
|Middle English||Military Terms||3||30|
|Area Lore: British Isles||Getting Around||4||50|
Dagger: Initiative: +0, Attack +2, Defense: +0, Damage: +3, Load +0
Glaive: Initiative: +3, Attack +4, Defense: +1, Damage +8, Load +2
Metal Scale: Soak +7, Load +7
While the Silver Company’s size and membership have changed over the years, even it’s highest mark never reached a score of men. This small, manageable size works for the kind of people the company attracts, who like to think of themselves as a more professional, elite team and better then a “typical mob-for-hire” thugs. This is further aided by their uniform armor and weapon (welsh glaive) all of which are provided by and owned by the company as a whole.
- Dafydd: Vanguard A surprisingly agile bear of a man, Dafydd is the most veteran of the Company, save for Lynne herself, and has the scars to prove it. Tends to see combat as the ultimate physical contest and likes to be right up in the thick of it.
- Lewis: Tall, but a little on the wiry side, Lewis always gives off the look of a boy in his father’s armor. Unusually good with numbers, he is the one who actually keeps the company’s accounts and buys the supplies.
- Robert: A farmer by trade before he joined up with the company, Robert is the most capable general hand in the group. A constant worker who cares by doing, he spends much of his time cleaning, cooking, mending, or otherwise maintaining the team's camp and gear.
- Merfyn: One of the two most recent members, Merfyn first worked alongside the company as the separate hireling of a Magi before joining up after the contract expired. He's a brave and reasonably skilled warrior, but there is the air of something odd about him nobody has quite placed.
- Duncan: The newest and youngest of the Company, what the seventeen year old Scotsman lacks in skill, he makes up for in enthusiasm and boundless energy.
Based on Dafydd's Dexterity +1, Strength +2, Vanguard’s Great Weapon (Glaive) 6, Average Great Weapon (Glave) 4, Stamina +2
Initiative (Glaive): Dex +1, Weapon +3, Enc -1 = +3
Attack (Glaive) Dex +1, Ability +6, Weapon +4 = +11
Defend (Glaive): Dex +1, Ability +6, Weapon +1 = +8
Damage (Glaive): Str +2, Weapon +8 = +10
Initiative (Dagger): Dex +1, Weapon +0, Enc -1 = +0
Attack (Dagger): Dex +1, Ability +4, Weapon +2 = +7
Defend (Dagger): Dex +1, Ability +4, Weapon +0 = +85
Damage (Dagger): Str +2, Weapon +3 = +5
Organized Group Bonus: +15
Armored Soak (Metal Scale): 9
3x Glaive handles
1x Glaive Blade
Armor & Equipment Repair Kit
Pot and Cooking Gear
Legionary-style army tent